Sunday 12 February 2017

This Week: Puppets, Hacks, Romance, and Challenges!

Welcome to This Week, a weekly series where I discuss all the gaming (both video and tabletop) content I've played, made, prepped, run and seen that's cool this week.

Let's jump in with what I've done This Week...

What I've Run

I ran session #6 of my Curse of Strahd campaign, and finally got a chance to roleplay as Pidlwick II (who is, hands down, one of my favourite characters). I changed him quite a bit from how he is portrayed in the book, but after hearing feedback from my players, it was definitely the right choice. Sadly, it'll be some time before I get around to that campaign diary, as I am massively behind, and massively inundated with work at the moment. Nevertheless, it has given me inspiration to keep working on my backlog of diaries, so the next one will come sometime soon!
(Image from Wizards.)

What I've Seen

I've been reading and prepping (though sadly not playing) Blades in the Dark a lot recently, because v8 was recently released, which means I've also been spending a lot of time on the Google+ community of late (hell, I've even bee writing my own Blades content!). Over there, I got wind that Scum & Villainy, the sci-fi Firefly / Star Wars: Rogue One style hack is in Early Access! I'm yet to get my hands on it, but I am very very tempted to pick it up. If anyone else has purchased it already, please let me know how it is!
(Image from Gamerati. Wrong Scum & Villainy, I know, but still relevant!)
Black and Green Games released Romance Trilogy, and I'm pretty excited about it! Whilst it's not currently available in print in Australia, I have it from +Emily Care Boss herself that inroads to Australian stores are being investigated. Honestly, I'm keen to get my hands on it any way that I can, so I'll probably end up buying the PDF first, anyway (which can be found here, if you're as keen as I am.)
(Image from Black and Green Games.)
The #200WordRPG Challenge is back for 2017, spanning between April 15th and April 23rd! I entered last year with MegaCorp, a cyberpunk storygame about being a director of a MegaCorp and trying to strip it of assets. It was fantastic, and I encourage everyone to give it a try, if you have a design bent. I also encourage everyone to have a look at previous years, as some of the most ridiculous and amazing games come out of this challenge!
(Image from David Schirduan.)
That's all for This Week this week. I'll talk to you next week, and tell you of all my adventures again! In the mean time, fill your own week with as much awesome as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment