Wednesday 16 November 2016

Free Game: I'd Like You to Meet

I have a grand dream of someday spending all my time writing, making, and running roleplaying games. To be honest, I'm doing a good effort of that now - running a ridiculous amount of games, and actively working on more than makes sense. However, I am also forced to spend a lot of my time doing other things, like working, etc. Granted, that work is still in the video game industry, so I am not complaining. But my eventual goal is to transition 100% from video games to tabletop games - my true passion.

In the meantime, here's one of the games I've been working on. Actually, this one is fresh out of my mind with no active playtesting yet. I'll be doing that, and sharing my experiences, in future posts, so stay tuned. For now, let me introduce you to I'd Like You to Meet (was that as confusing as it sounded to me? Good.) 
(Image made with the help of Lorc from game-icons.net.)
I’d Like You to Meet (ILYM) is a “silent” semi-live action game for four players, played with a deck of regular playing cards, seated around a table. In ILYM, you play as one of four family members: The Mother and Father meeting their Child’s Paramour for the first time.


It's a little unorthodox, but that's sort of the point. Once I get around to releasing my other projects - specifically Slugball, Sorcery & Secrets! you'll realise that unorthodox is par for the course.

I've also been considering starting a Patreon account, to maybe kick this into gear. The funds I'd receive (if anyone was amazing enough to fund me) would help cover the costs of professional art, proof readers, what have you. I'd also like to start streaming some of my process, but that too would come with some costs. A Patreon would also enable me to just do this more which would mean more games being made.

If this is something you'd be interested in, let me know in the comments (or yell at me on Twitter, Google+, Facebook, or randomly on the street without context).

Anyway, enjoy I'd Like You to Meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment